Christ displays His power by sending various times of outpourings.
• Christ pours out His power to transform
• Christ pours out His blessings to assist
• Christ pours out His Spirit to sanctify
• Christ pours out His grace to forgive
• Christ pours out His presence to comfort
• Christ pours out His love to encourage
The reality is that the love of Christ is so vast that it has to spill out of heaven. We have been called to live in the overflow of Christ’s supreme and divine love. Everything of consequence in this universe flows from the overflow of Christ’s love. When we live in the overflow, it changes our lives. The overflow changes our behavior. The overflow changes who we are and how treat others.
Love is the key. Joy is love singing. Peace is love resting. Long-suffering is love enduring. Kindness is love’s touch. Goodness is love’s character. Faithfulness is love’s habit. Gentleness is love’s self forgetfulness. Self control is love holding the reigns.